Provide information about proposed energy efficiency legislation and how it will affect local building codes. Provide guidance to building code officials about including energy efficiency standards when they revise their local building code. Advise building and maintanance committies regarding saving on energy expenses and guide them toward programs to assist in improving their physical plant's energy efficiency.
We can help you qualify your new homes under the new 2010 PA Alternate Energy Code and qualify your homes for ENERGY STAR rebates from the local utility. We assist builders in meeting requirements to recieve tax credits for each energy efficient home completed. We rovide information about other current rebate and tax credit programs available to builders. Assist new home builders with ENERGY STAR Home qualification. Provide third party verification for NAHB Green Building and LEED for Homes. Advising on best practices for building GREEN homes and building energy efficient homes without excessive additional costs.
Provide energy efficiency modeling for proposed home designs to allow optimization of effeciency versus cost prior to implementing additional possible energy improvements.
For existing homes, a home energy audit should be the first step in any home owners plan to do any major improvements to their home. For new home buyers, you shold ask to see a recent diagnostic energy audit of the home you are considering buying. You want to know what it will cost you in the future.
For someone building a new home or having a new home built, we provide energy efficiency and general building review during the planning stages . We can provide bid specfications, review bids for construction and provide project management services if requested. During actual construction we can provide guidance to your contractors as to best practice in meeting proper energy efficient construction standards. We can provide on going inspection services during construction. If the home owner desires to obtain ENERGY STAR qualification for their new home, we can handle the process and paperwork if we are brought in by the framing stage of construction. Homes already in the drywall installation stage of construction are no longer elgible for certification. However we can still show you how to save a significant amount on your energy use. A RESNET HERS Rating can be provided on any home. The HERS Rating is the nationally recognized measure of a homes energy efficiency. If the home is built to the proper energy efficiency, as shown by the HERS Rating, you can qualify for a lower intrest Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM). An Energy Efficient Mortgage also allows you to qualify for a larger mortgage amount at the same income level.
Are you interested in . .
Spending less of your income on your energy bills?
Living in a healthier home?
Having all rooms of your home comfortable all year round?
Helping to save our environment?
You need an ENERGY AUDIT !
An Energy Audit by Saving Green Energy Audits is a comprehensive home energy assessment service for homeowners. With a home ENERGY AUDIT you will . .
· Learn what you can do to really save energy in your home,
· Learn how you can enjoy both energy efficiency and increased home comfort.
· Understand more about your home’s energy impact and resulting carbon footprint.
· Receive a comprehensive written report based on our independent testing and evaluations – your own home ENERGY AUDIT.
Are you confused hearing all the “green” and “energy saving” claims? With a home Energy Audit by Saving Green Energy Audits you will get . .
· A home ENERGY AUDIT done by a RESNET certified Home Energy Rater (HERS®) , also certified as a Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst.
· An assessment of your complete house, not just your windows, not just your insulation and not just your HVAC (heating, ventilating, air conditioning) system.
· A report detailing items needing attention and recommendations of what you can do to reduce energy use and improve the comfort of your home while you save money.
· Information on local, state, federal or utility programs where you may qualify for rebates, incentives or low cost loans for energy related work on your home.
· A face to face review of your home ENERGY AUDIT report to insure you fully understand alll aspects of the report.
· Help in deciding which items you are comfortable handling and which you wish to hire contractors to complete.
After a home ENERGY AUDIT, what other services can Saving Green Energy Audits provide to assist you in completing any upgrades and maximize your energy savings ?
Saving Green Energy Audits is an independent, third party auditor. We do not sell or contract to install any energy upgrades or modifications recommend in our home Energy Audit reports. However, Saving Green Energy Audits can provide Project Management Services including:
· Project scheduling.
· Written bid specifications for work to be done.
· Assistance with contractor selection.
· Site inspections during construction to insure work is done correctly (contractor training if required).
· Upon completion of any upgrades or installations, Saving Green Energy Audits can provide a final audit to certify the results of the completed installation.
· Issue final RESNET HERS rating certificate.
· Issue certifications for Energy Efficiency Rebates per IRS Rules.Issue Home Performance with Energy Star certifications.Issue certification of meeting requirements for an Energy Efficient Mortgage